Gym Bag Staples
Nothing puts a damper on a workout like showing up to the gym and realizing you’ve forgotten something essential to your workout. To ensure you never show up to the gym unprepared, I’ve complied a list of my gym bag staples I make sure to always have on hand. These items will enhance your workouts and help you reach your goals.
1. Water: Although this may seem like a no brainer, can never over emphasize the importance of staying hydrated. It’s imperative to drink water before and during your workout, due to the amount of water you lose while you exercise, even without heavy perspiration. Here’s an extra tip: add a small squeeze of lemon for taste. Not only will the taste encourage you to drink more water, it will also help stimulate activity in your bowels, which will help you feel more comfortable during your workout routine.
2. Towel: If you’re working out right, chances are there’s going to be a lot of sweat involved. That being said, gyms are a place where germs can become prevalent if you don’t watch yourself and the environment around you. The last thing you want to have happen is to lessen your experience by an unsanitary environment. To avoid this problem I advise bringing two towels. One to wipe your face and body and an additional towel to wipe down the machines. Way too often I see people wipe down a machine, then do a workout and wipe their face. Don’t do that! Have two towels J
3. BCAA Drink: Take a BCAA drink during and after your workout. BCAA stands for branched-chain amino acids and is made up of three essential amino acids: leucine, isoleucine, and valine. This drink helps out with the following things: reduces cravings, fat loss, muscle soreness, and makes it easier to build lean muscle. You won’t want to forget this drink during your workouts!
4. Good Workout Playlist: Music is EVERYTHING! Make an awesome playlist of your favorite jams, and listen to them while you workout. Need some awesome workout tunes? Download my music available on all online music stores, as well as Pandora, Spotify and more! http://www.calientefitness.net/music
5. Protein Drink: Drink a protein shake within 30 minutes of completing your workout. The protein will go straight to the muscles that you have worked hard on regardless of if you’ve just done some weight lifting or cardio.
Remember that preparation is KEY! Always be prepared, follow these tips and watch your results take place!
Want to skip the gym all together and just #workout from the comfort of you own home?
I don't blame ya! Check out all of my online downloadable fitness dvd's, food and fitness programs.
I hope this helped you. Feel free to share with friends and family and leave your comments.
Let's rock out #2020 baby!